Program Director’s Welcome
Thank you for visiting the website of the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program at the University of Florida, Gainesville. We are very proud of our program, faculty, current fellows and alumni. We invite you to explore our website and learn about the exceptional training opportunities available at UF/Shands Hospital and the Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center. We are committed to offering a program that allows our fellows to gain excellent foundational knowledge in infectious diseases with the flexibility of individualizing training experiences to allow specialization in antimicrobial stewardship, hospital epidemiology, research and global medicine.
For more information about the Fellowship Training, please contact:
Jennifer Janelle, MD, Fellowship Director, at Jennifer.Janelle@medicine.ufl.edu or
Christie Little, Fellowship Coordinator, at Christie.Little@medicine.ufl.edu
For additional resources, please visit the UF Graduate Medical Education website at https://gme.med.ufl.edu/
Our Mission Statement
Through education and research, provide the foundation for high quality, cost effective, compassionate care in Infectious Diseases locally and globally. Our graduates are successful ID specialists who work in the private setting, academia, rural health and public health.
- Train future ID physicians to become lifelong learners and future leaders in clinical practice, education, research and/or administration.
- Provide an intensive educational environment with a diversity of clinical settings which promote progressive responsibility, graduated autonomy, and team-based collaborative care.
- Offer a versatile training program with various educational tracks and electives to cater to residents’ individualized learning needs and career passions.
- Engage residents in quality improvement/patient safety initiatives and scholarly research activity in order to promote a safety-oriented, evidence-based learning climate.
- Maintain a culture of wellness and esprit de corps where fellow support, camaraderie and mentorship are top priorities.