The fellowship emphasizes an opportunity for fellows to discover and practice the Infectious Disease and Health System Science fields in international settings. Fellows will partner with specialists and health facilities around the world to compare health care systems.
The fellowship will be one or two years in duration, depending on the interests of the fellow with the fellows spending 6 to 8 months of each year as hospitalists in the growing and dynamic University of Florida Division of Hospital Medicine at UF Health. The 4 to 6 months will be spent in either Ghana or India.
Fellows have the opportunity to receive instruction through the Department of Epidemiology and complete a Global Health Certificate by the end of two years. During the optional second year, fellows can attend a two-month course for a Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in either Peru or Uganda/Tanzania.
Research & Teaching
Fellows will be partnered with a faculty mentor doing research in global health. The fellow will meet with a variety of researchers early in their fellowship to identify suitable projects to be a part or to develop with their faculty mentor.
Fellows will have Adjunct Clinical Post Doctorate appointments at the University of Florida, and a commensurate salary which is significantly higher than most fellowship positions.
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, Board-eligible or Board-certified in the United States
- Proficiency in a foreign language (suggested but not required)
- Prior global health experience preferred
- Adaptable, flexible, and good communicator
- Willingness to live outside of the United States 4 to 6 months of the year
- Send a CV.
- Brief personal statement, and;
- A letter of recommendation to Fidela.James@medicine.ufl.edu & Meghan.Froman@medicine.ufl.edu
- Acceptance is on a rolling basis for 2022 start