Michael Lauzardo, MD, Msc
Michael Lauzardo, MD, MSc
Division Chief, Infectious Diseases and Global Medicine
Director, Florida TB Physicians Network
TEL: (352) 273-7682
FAX: (352) 273-9275
|MD||University of Florida|
|Residency||Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC||Internal Medicine|
|Residency||University of Florida||Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care|
|MSc||London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, Great Britain||Epidemiology|
- Latent tuberculosis infection
- Multi-drug resistant tuberculosis
- Role of migration in tuberculosis morbidity in Florida
- Epidemiology of tuberculosis
- Public Health
- Global Health
- Global Health Education
- Public Health Training
- Heurtelou M, Lauzardo M, Coreil J. Anticipated tuberculosis stigma among health professionals and Haitian patients in South Florida. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2012 May;23(2):636-50.
- Dai J, Chen Y, Lauzardo M. Web-accesible database of hsp-65 sequences from Mycobacterium reference strains. Journal of Clin Micro, June 2011, p.2296-2303, Vol 49, No 6.
- Bhardwaj B, Naik E, Casanas B, Breglia M, Lauzardo M. Tuberculosis screening and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection among international college students. Florida Public Health Review, 2010; 7:26-31 http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/fphr/index.htm.
- Coreil J, Lauzardo M, Clayton H. Stigma and therapy completion for latent tuberculosis among Haitian origin patients. Florida Public Health Review, 2010; 7, 32-38. http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/fphr/index.htm.
- Coreil J, Mayard G, Simpson K, Lauzardo M, Zhu Y, Weiss M. Strutural forces and the production of TB-related stigma among Haitians in two contexts. Social Science and Medicine 2010, 71; 1409-1417.
- Coreil J, Lauzardo M, Hertelou M. Cultural assessment of tuberculosis prevention among persons of Haitian origin in South Florida. J of Immigrant Health April 2004, Vol 6 (2) page 63-69.
- Narita M, Alonso P, Lauzardo M, Hollender ES, Pitchenik AE, Ashkin D. Treatment experience of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis in Florida, 1994-1997. Chest 2001 August; 120(2): 343-348.
Please click here for a list of Dr. Lauzardo’s industry relationships.