Deborah J. Cestaro-Seifer, MS, RN
|MS||University of Illinois||Pediatric Nursing|
|Massage||Blue Ridge School of Massage||500-Hours|
|Yoga||Asheville Yoga Center Yoga Teacher’s Training Program||230-Hours|
Licensure and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers, 1979-present
- Protecting Human Research Participants Certification
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, August 2005-present
- Chest Physical Therapy
- Transport Team, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Supervision of Employee
- Sexual Harassment Awareness Training for Faculty
- Emergency Mental Health: Assessment and Treatment, Cross County Education
- Prevention for Positives Trainer
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Florida/Caribbean AIDS Education and Training Center (F/C AETC)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List – Duke University, 1975-79
- Magna Cum Laude – Duke University, 1979
- Outstanding Service Award – Duke University School of Nursing, 1979
- Federal Traineeship – University of Illinois, 1981-82
- Special Services Award – Zeta Tau Alpha Scholarship Foundation, 1980-82
- Five Star Award, Johnson City Medical Center, 1998
- The Business Journal of Tri-Cities (Tennessee/Virginia) Health Care Heroes Award, 1998
- Listed in Who’s Who in American College and Universities, 1979
- Panton L.B., Golden, J., Broeder, C.E., Browder, K.D., Cestaro-Seifer, D.J., & Seifer, F.D. (2004). The effects of resistance training on functional outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. European Journal of Applied Physiology, April; 91(4): 443-9.
- Seifer, F.D. & Cestaro-Seifer, D. (2003). Physician-Directed Onsite Corporate Tobacco Intervention Health and Wellness Programming in a Rural Appalachian Community. US COPD Coalition: The National COPD Conference 2003 Syllabus, p31.
- McCord, R., Sheffield, D., Floyd, M., Cestaro-Seifer, D., et al. (2001). The effect of emotional expression in a short answer questionnaire on clinical outcome in pulmonary rehabilitation (Abstract #1010). American Psychosomatic Society 59th Annual Scientific Meeting March 7-10, 2001, Monterey, California.
- Golden, J., Panton, L., Broeder, C., Browder, K., Fogle, D., Cestaro-Seifer, D., & Seifer, F. (2001). Physiological effects of 12 weeks of progressive resistance training on patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 33(5), S42.
- Cestaro-Seifer, Deborah J., Abstract: Pulmonary Rehabilitation Patients Identify Needs by Using a Self-Assessment Survey That Assists the Interdisciplinary Team in Developing and Evaluating the Plan of Care. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Fall 2000.