Bradley S. Bender, MD
Bradley S. Bender, MD
Division of Infectious Diseases & Global Medicine
|MD||University of Maryland School of Medicine|
|Internship||Baltimore City Hospitals||Medicine|
|Residency||Baltimore City Hospitals||Medicine|
|Fellowship||Johns Hopkins Hospital||Medicine|
|Fellowship||Johns Hopkins Hospital||Infectious Diseases|
|Medical Staff Fellow||National Institutes of Health||Clinical Immunology|
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Geriatric Medicine
Awards and Honors
- 2003 – NIH Study Section, Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Opportunities
- 2001 – VA Study Section, Centers for Research in HIV and AIDS (CRAHI)
- 1998-1999 – VA Merit Review Council
- 1998 – Best Doctors in America
- American Federation for Clinical Research
- VA Society of Practitioners in Infectious Diseases
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American College of Physicians (Fellow)
- American Association of Immunologists
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American Medical Association
- 1986 – Present: Infection Control Committee, VA Medical Center (Chair, 2009-Present)
- 1996 – Present: Research and Development Committee, VA Medical Center
- 2001 – Present: Medical Executive Committee, VA Medical Center
- 2001 – Present: Professional Council, VA Medical Center
- 2001 – Present: Compliance and Business Integrity Committee, VA Medical Center
- 2003 – Present: Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee, VA Medical Center
- Bender BS. Commentary on “Prophylactic tenofovir reduced HIV infection in injectable drug users.” ACP Journal Club 2013;159:JC8.
- Shenal BS, Radonovich LJ, Cheng J, Hodgson M, Bender BS. Discomfort and Exertion Associated with Prolonged Wear of Respiratory Protection in a Health Care Setting. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene 2012;9: 59-64.
- Bender BS. Commentary on “Quadrivalent HPV vaccine prevented HPV infection and external genital lesions in boys and men 16 to 26 years of age”. ACP Journal Club 2011;154:JC5-10.
- Shehan CL, Uphold CR, Bender JM, Bender BS. Emotional bonds and health-related social exchanges between men living with HIV and their mothers. Am J Men’s Health 2012; 6:97-107.
- Radonovich LJ, Bender BS. Surgical masks were non-inferior to N95 respirators in preventing influenza infection in health care workers. ACP Journal Club. 2010;152:JC3-2.
- Radonovich LJ, Yanke R, Cheng J, Bender BS. Diminished speech intelligibility associated with certain types of respirators worn by healthcare workers. J Occup Environ Hyg 2010;7:63-70.