Awewura Kwara, MD
|MB, ChB||University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana|
|MPH & TM||Tulane University||Public Health and Tropical Medicine|
|Residency||Cook County Hospital||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Tulane University School of Medicine||Infectious Diseases|
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Wet more Foundation Fellowship for Tuberculosis/HIV – 2001
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American Society of Microbiology
- International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- Yawson AE, Appiah LK, Yawson AO, Bonus G, Aluze-Ele S, Owusu Amanhyia N, Lartey M, Adjei AA, Lawson AL, Beckwith C, Kwara A, Flanigan T. Sex differences perceived risked and testing experience of HIV in an urban fishing setting in Ghana. Int J Equity Health 2014; 13:109.
- Adjei AA, Brandful J, Lurie M, Lartey M, Krampa F, Kwara A, Adiku TK, Tettey Y, Gyasi RK, Lawson AL, Flanigan T. Human immunodeficiency virus, syphilis prevalence and risk factos among migrant workers in Konongo, Ghana. Advances Infect Dis 2014;4:132-141.
- Court MH, Almutairi F, Greenblatt D, Hazarika S, Sheng H, Klein K, Zanger U, Bourgea J, Patten C, Kwara A. Isoniazid mediates the CYP2B6*6 genotype dependent interaction between efavirenz and antituberculosis drug therapy through mechanism-based inactivation of CYP2A6. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2014;58:4145-4152.
- Haas DW, Kwara A, Richardson DM, Baker P, Papageorgiou I, Acosta EP, Morse GD, Court MH. Secondary metabolism pathway polymorphisms and plasma efavirenz concentrations in HIV-infected adults with CYP2B6 slow metabolizer genotypes. J Antimicrob Chemother 2014:6921-75-82.
- Kwara A. Cao L, Yang H, Poethke P, Kurpewski J, Tashima KT, Mahjoub BD, Court MH, Peloquin CA. Factors associated with variability in rifampin plasma pharmacokinetics and the relationship between rifampin concentrations and induction of efavirenz clearance. Pharmacotherapy 2014; 34:265-71.