Ana Alvarez, MD
Ana M. Alvarez, MD
Division of Infectious Diseases & Global Medicine
|MD||University of Panama School of Medicine|
|Internship (1st & 2nd Year)||Hospital Santo Tomas, Panama City, Panama|
|Residency||Metrohealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University||Pediatrics|
|Fellowship||Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital and Metrohealth Medical Center, Case Western University||Pediatric Infectious Diseases|
|Masters||University of Florida||Medical Education|
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduation Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Sub-board of Infectious Diseases, American Board of Pediatrics
Professional Societies and Committees
- Fellow, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
- Member, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Member, HIV Medicine Association
- Member, Duval County Medical Society
- Member, Florida Medical Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Duval County Medical Society, Jacksonville, FL; January 2016-Present
- Medical Director, Children’s Multidisciplinary Assessment Team, Children’s Medical Services, Jacksonville, FL; September 2013-Present
- Director, Pediatric Tuberculosis Program, University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville and Duval County Health Department; 2000-Present
- Exemplary Teacher Award, University of Florida College of Medicine – 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015
- TB Physicians Network Distinguished Service Award, Bureau of Tuberculosis and Refugee Health, Florida Department of Health – 2006
- Student Teaching Apple Award, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida Health Science Center, Jacksonville – 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2008
- Bragg L, Alvarez AM. The importance of blood culture volume in pediatric patients. Submitted to Pediatric Emergency Care. May 2015
- Bragg L, Alvarez AM. Endocarditis. PMID: 24692156. Pediatr Rev 2014; 35(4):162-168.
- Abzug MJ, Qin M, Levin MJ, et al (Alvarez A as part of the study team). Immunogenicity, Immunologic Memory, and Safety Following Measles Re-Vaccination in HIV-Infected Children Receiving Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. J Infect Dis 2012 Jul 5 (Epub).
- Hussain S, Wood D, Wludyka P, Alvarez AM. Health beliefs regarding latent tuberculosis among ethnic groups in Northeast Florida. Int Public Health J 2010; 2(3): 313-322.
- Alvarez AM, Rathore MH. Hot Topics in Pediatric HIV. Pediatric Annals 2007; 36(7): 423-432.