Global Health-Hospital Medicine Fellowship – Non ACGME
The University of Florida and Innovating Health International have begun recruitment for the 2017-2018 class of the Global Health-Hospital Medicine Fellowship. Innovating Health International is a medical service delivery and public health non-profit organization in Haiti. We are looking for internal or family medicine doctors interested in spending 1-2 years learning the skills for a career in global health and hospital medicine.
- The fellowship will be one or two years in duration, depending on the interests of the fellow, with the fellows spending 6 to 8 months of each year as hospitalists in the growing and dynamic University of Florida Division of Hospital Medicine at UF Health. The 4 to 6 months will be spent in Haiti with Innovating Health International in Port-au-Prince and Cap Haitien.
- Fellows will receive instruction through the Department of Epidemiology and complete a Global Health Certificate by the end of two years. During the optional second year, fellows can attend a two-month course for a Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in either Peru or Uganda/Tanzania.
- Fellows will work on Innovating Health International’s public health and research projects throughout the fellowship and are expected to present at a conference or publish a paper by the end.
- The fellows will serve as faculty for US residents and Haitian generalist doctors when they are in Haiti, and they will have teaching opportunities while at UF Health as well.
- Fellows will have Adjunct Clinical Post Doctorate appointments at the University of Florida and a commensurate salary which is significantly higher than most fellowship positions.
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, Board-eligible or Board-certified in the United States
- Proficiency in French or Haitian Creole suggested but not required
- Prior global health experience preferred
- Adaptable, flexible, and good communicator
- Willingness to live in Haiti 4 to 6 months of the year
- Send a CV,
- Brief personal statement, and;
- A letter of recommendation to Vincent DeGennaro, MD, MPH at Vincent.DeGennaro.Jr@medicine.ufl.edu
- Acceptance is on a rolling basis
For more information on our partners at innovating Health Interational, visit http://www.innovatinghealthinternational.org/